I’m a mom of two living in the Alamo City. I love my husband, son, and family. I strive to be the best mom, even though most of the time, I’m learning through mistakes.
I blog as a way to journal our life, to keep track of our activities, recipes, and milestones we reach as we go along the way.
I hope you find this a fun place to hang around, visit often, and share with your friends!
And for now, I’ll leave you with my list of 14 things you should know about me:
1. I feel like e-readers kill the joy of holding a paper book and I don’t want my kids to learn to read on one. But I own a Kindle and love it. I’m a book hypocrite.
2. I bite my cheeks. If you’ve known me for at least 15 minutes you probably know that. It’s an awful habit and I’m doing it right this minute. Co does it too, so it’s either genetic or mirrored, either way I’ve passed on a terrible habit.
3. I love spoilers. It doesn’t bother me to know the end of something–in fact, I usually seek out the end because I’m not a fan of surprises.
4. I don’t do well being surprised. I prefer know my presents, party, etc. I let people surprise me but it doesn’t hurt my feelings to know.
5. I take awful selfies. I can’t make smoldering eyes, gazing looks, or even pucker my mouth for duck lips. But I do take fantastic funny faces. It’s way easier.
6. I have a loud voice. I work hard to keep a normal tone but let’s just face it, I talk louder than everyone else.
7. I am a holiday fanatic. Every holiday is a huge deal and birthdays last for a week.
8. I’m terrible at staying awake during movies. Even if it’s my favorite movie and it’s 2 o’clock in the afternoon. If I sit that long then I’m gonna crash. Which is probably why I like spoilers–I can’t make it the end!
9. I have 2 different colored eyes–one brown, one green. Which isn’t a super fun fact, but whenever some points it out I always say “yep!” or “I do!”, but then I never know what else to say.
10. I wore dark brown contacts for about 5 years because I hated talking about my eyes–it gets talked about more than you’d think. But I’m back to my regular eyes now 🙂
11. I always eat too much cereal. And before I even start eating it I always think “I’m going to eat too much”, and instead of stopping, I just keep eating it.
12. My sister and I can turn any conversation into a joke. I’m sure we annoy people because we’re usually laughing about something that no one else understands. But life’s too short to be serious.
13. I played Barbies until I was like 13 or 14 years old. My sister and I played together and since she was younger I played with her. And I also LOVED it. We had some serious characters, story lines, and set ups and it was too much fun. On that note, I think kids now stop playing with toys way too soon.
14. I remember odd details–clothes we wore on a certain day, people’s names who weren’t significant, or even events that happened that coincided with that memory. But ask me where I put all the batteries that I bought for Christmas presents and I don’t have a clue.